REL(Regional Educational Laboratory) Appalachia is teaming up with REL Mid-Atlantic and REL Northwest for a cross-REL event: Post-Secondary Readiness in Rural Communities. The event will take place on July 25, 2016 from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM CDT at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel – 611 Commerce Street, Nashville, TN 37203.
- Research on preparing students in rural areas for college and careers.
- Educator perspectives on/experiences with programs assisting rural students.
- Student perspectives on barriers to college and career readiness, including their successes overcoming them.
- Dr. Aaron Thompson, Executive Vice President, Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
- Dr. Thomas Brewster, Superintendent, Pulaski County Schools (VA)
- Dr. Kathy D’Antoni, Chief Career and Technical Education Officer, West Virginia Department of Education
- Education researchers from all three RELs, as well as students and practitioners from across the three REL regions.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals and/or teams of practitioners and leaders from rural schools and districts, as well as education researchers interested in rural education.